It’s a simple concept and overwhelmingly effective when it comes to an approach to your business’ online presence.
The Bikini Business Model is this:
- Give away 95% – this gets everyone’s attention and brings them to you.
- Then what you sell, the remaining 5%, is the most valuable services, products, information that they’ll be happy to pay for.
Okay, I’m sure there’s something politically wrong with that analogy, but it’s a simple one that most will not forget.
Give, Give, Give
This just means give, and give, and give, and give (and give) to your clients. Consistently provide them with helpful tips and information that can they can really use without spending a dime.
This helps you in a few ways:
- Establishes trust.
- Establishes your voice of authority in your industry.
- Can develop your site as a resource site for what you provide.
- All around good reputation building stuff.
Sell, Sell, Sell
Now that you’ve got their attention, make sure you let people know your products and services you offer that can help them solve their problems, achieve their goals, improve their situation even more effectively.
Don’t oversell to people. Don’t beat them up with your sales pitch. That will undo the work you’ve done by giving. Just make sure it’s easy to buy what you have to sell.