Want to have your website do more for you? Probably, huh? I’m sure most people would like to see their website doing more for their business (and income).
One Word… Downloads
One way to let your website take more of an active role in your business is through offering downloadable files to your visitors (customers). If people can download information and products directly from your website, the site is doing all the work and you can relax or tend to other matters that deserve your attention.
Two Kinds of Downloads
Free downloads are great! They can work for you in several ways:
- Provide people with information that includes your brand and contact info so that they can keep coming back for more.
- Provide a way for you to distribute helpful information. This is very useful in developing long term relationships with your customers. Again they keep coming back for more, and will probably eventually buy.
- Provides the opportunity for people to possibly share your downloads with others (again, a little nice PR for your Brand)
This is probably more obvious.
- Downloadable products can make you money “while you sleep!” (yep, I said it)
- Require no additional effort on your part – no shipping, no installation, no delivery. The deal is done.
The Best Thing About Offering Downloads
Once you’ve created the original file and set it up as a download on the site, YOU’RE DONE! That’s it. You’re selling (of offering) the same file again and again. No production costs. No inventory. And, your website is doing all the work!
Need a Download For Your Site?
Maybe you’re thinking you don’t really have anything you could offer or sell as a download, but there are probably a good number of things you could prepare.
- Put together PDF files (ebooks) of helpful, useful information about what you do or sell.
- Tips on how your customers can get more out of your products.
- An ebook about something your an expert at.
- A cook book using your products (if you sell food stuff)
- Audio books
- Video Tutorials
- eBook, Audio Book and Video combo packs!
You get the idea.
If You Build It They Will Come – (not really)
Okay, you’ve still got to drive the traffic to your site. That’s your role in the equation. But after that, let your site do more of the work for you.
How About You?
What are some of the ways you use downloadable files to help your business?